Skip to Content

Outside Agency Permitting

Land Use and Zoning Lawyers Assisting with Outside Agency Permits and Approvals Throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey

Navigating the myriad of federal, state, and county governmental agency permits and approvals associated with land development can be a daunting task. Kaplin Stewart’s land use and zoning attorneys have the knowledge and experience to guide you through the maze of “outside” agency rules and regulations so that you can obtain the necessary permits and approvals to construct your land development projects. Our lawyers are also well positioned to manage and oversee your various project experts such as civil engineers, land planners, landscape architects, traffic engineers, sewer/water engineers, geologists, historians, wildlife scientists, wetland scientists, soils scientists and others in your efforts to secure outside agency permits and approvals.

Our legal team can assist you in obtaining the following permits and/or approvals from:

  • PennDOT: highway occupancy; road opening and closure; traffic signal; utility installation and relocation; outdoor advertising
  • PA DEP: stormwater; sewer planning; sewer construction; stream crossings; wetlands and water encroachment; Act 2 land recycling and environmental clean-up; soils; geology and hydrogeology; riparian corridor enhancement; mining and mineral extraction
  • County: erosion and sedimentation control adequacy
  • Municipal authority: water and sewer service
  • FEMA: floodway and floodplain re-delineation; flood map revisions and amendments
  • Army Corps of Engineers: wetlands jurisdiction determinations; Joint 105 wetlands and water encroachment; stream realignment
  • U.S. Fish and Wildlife/PA Fish and Boat/Bureau of Wildlife Management: threatened and endangered species and protected flora and fauna
  • River Basin Commissions: domestic water well extraction
  • Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission: historic resource survey, historic structures and archeological resources

Advocating for Our Clients’ Rights in Litigation

Should you require a strong advocate or have the need for litigation services related to your outside agency permits and approvals, our team of land use and zoning attorneys regularly works and meets with these governmental agencies. When necessary, our lawyers will commence and prosecute litigation to obtain your required outside agency permits and approvals.  We will also defend against efforts to revoke or otherwise adversely impact the outside agency permits and approvals you have already obtained for your development project.

When You Need an Outside Agency Permit Approval, You Need a Land Use and Zoning Attorney

If you have questions about the scope of services provided by our land use and zoning attorneys or need assistance in obtaining or maintaining outside agency permits and approvals, we encourage you to contact a member of our land use and zoning team.  Our land use and zoning attorneys will quickly get up to speed with your situation so that we can help move your project in the right direction.  We understand that time is of the essence and are focused on finding a fair and efficient resolution that best meets your needs and objectives. 

Learn how our attorneys can help you advance your business objectives. We encourage you to schedule a consultation today. We service businesses and other entities with offices in Philadelphia and Blue Bell, Pennsylvania as well as Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Contact us online or by phone at 610-260-6000 today to arrange a consultation. We help clients in Chester County, Philadelphia County, Bucks County, Montgomery County, Delaware County and more.