Environmental Mitigation and Permitting
Land Use, Zoning, and Development Attorneys Assisting Clients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
Recognized environmental concerns represent substantial hurdles in being able to develop land, but being able to mitigate those environmental concerns also presents a developer with considerable rewards. The land use and zoning attorneys at Kaplin Stewart have the legal expertise to assist developers in addressing and remediating environmentally contaminated properties, creating remediation plans and ultimately obtaining the necessary permits and approvals to enhance value in what was once otherwise a valueless or hampered real estate asset.
Our attorneys are skilled at advising developers on the best and most expeditious methods to mitigate other possible environmental impacts such as those involving stormwater and wastewater discharges to surface or ground waters, encroachments upon wetlands, construction and grading in floodplain zones, endangered species, woodlands clearing, steep slope disturbances, karst or carbonate geology, and many more.
Legal Help for Obtaining Environmental Permits
Our land use and zoning attorneys have counseled clients on obtaining the various types of environmental permits and approvals required for their project or facility and have vast experience in working with environmental consultants in the approvals process. Such environmental permits and approvals that our attorneys have experience in handling on behalf of clients include:
• NPDES permits for stormwater discharges associated with construction activity
• NPDES permits for wastewater treatment facilities
• Water obstruction and encroachment permits
• Wetland encroachment and mitigation permits
• Act 537 Sewage Planning Modules and exemptions
• Obtaining clearances for potentially impacted endangered species or flora
• Obtaining floodplain map revisions from FEMA and approvals of uses in
floodplains from municipalities
• Act 2 Land Recycling Program remediation approvals
Our attorneys regularly work with developers in preparing, submitting and processing these permits and approvals through the local, state and federal governmental agencies and authorities, including:
- The Department of Environmental Protection
- The Federal Emergency Management Association
- The United States Army Corps of Engineers
- The United States Fish and Wildlife Service
- The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission
- The Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
Regardless of what environmental concerns your property may have or the environmental impacts your development project may potentially create, our attorneys have the knowledge and experience to address those concerns and mitigate those impacts while steering you toward your goal of achieving a successful and rewarding development project.
Contact a Land Use, Zoning and Development Attorney Today for Mitigation and Permit Issues
If you have questions about the scope of our services or need representation in connection with a land use, zoning, or development matter, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with a land use, zoning, and development attorney. Our lawyers have years of collective experience helping clients in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey region and beyond in complex land use matters.
Learn how our land use and zoning attorneys can help you advance your business objectives. We service businesses and other entities with offices in Philadelphia and Blue Bell, Pennsylvania as well as Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Contact us online or by phone at 610-260-6000 today to arrange a consultation. We serve clients in Bucks County, Montgomery County. Philadelphia County, Chester County and Delaware County.