Surety Bond Claims and Litigation
Construction Lawyers Assisting Clients Throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey
Kaplin Stewart is your one-stop counsel for surety bond claims and litigation. We consistently deliver pragmatic, innovative advice to clients on all aspects of construction bonding.
Our team has comprehensive experience in construction bond related claims, investigation, strategic analysis, negotiation and litigation. Members of our surety practice regularly assist surety companies, owners, general and sub-contractors and suppliers with payment, performance and bid bond issues. We quickly investigate and analyze construction bond claims to provide our clients with a proactive strategic plan. Our lawyers are actively involved in negotiations with project owners, creditors, and financially troubled contractors during all stages of the construction process. We negotiate and draft completion and takeover agreements to minimize risk and exposure to clients. If litigation is necessary, our attorneys have decades of experience in litigating surety bond matters in federal and state courts, and in mediation and arbitration.
We recognize that surety bond matters require knowledge and expertise in many areas. Our dedicated team of highly skilled professionals has a broad range of experience in the areas of construction and construction defect litigation, mechanic’s liens, environmental law, public contracting and design professional liability. Our lawyers regularly serve as arbitrators and mediators in complex construction and surety bond disputes. We represent sureties in bankruptcy proceedings in post-petition negotiations of reorganization plans, conflicts regarding unpaid proceeds on bonded contracts, disputes relating to assumption of bonded obligations and completion of bonded obligations, and enforcement of indemnity agreements.
What we can do for you:
- Analyze and respond to default terminations and other performance bond claims
- Provide advice regarding complex bond claim investigations
- Address project completion scenarios, including tenders, takeovers and financing the bond principal
- Defend performance and payment bond claims under the Miller Act and state law, including discharge, exoneration, and other surety-specific defenses
- Defend against extra-contractual claims by claimants, bond principals, and indemnitors
- Prosecute affirmative construction claims to mitigate surety losses
- Prosecute indemnity and other salvage actions on behalf of sureties
- Resolve priority disputes between sureties, banks, trustees, and public agencies
Contact a Construction Law Attorney Today
Learn how our attorneys can help you advance your business objectives. We encourage you to schedule a consultation today. We service businesses and other entities with offices in Philadelphia and Blue Bell, Pennsylvania as well as Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Contact us online or by phone at 610-260-6000 today to arrange a consultation.