Simi Kaplin Baer
Simi Kaplin Baer is a principal of the firm and a member of the Real Estate Transaction and Land Use, Zoning and Development Departments. Simi concentrates her practice in the area of real estate, including the acquisition and conveyance of property, acquisition and construction financing (as well as refinancing), retail and commercial leases, Brownfields (Act 2) Development, condominium and planned community development, documentation and financing, and land development. Simi frequently serves as local counsel for financing transactions.
Simi’s understanding and experience in land use sets her apart from other traditional, transactional real estate attorneys who may not understand the complexities, nuances and time tables of a start to finish real estate project.
Prior to joining the firm, Simi practiced in the Financial Services Department at Blank Rome in Philadelphia.
- Real Estate Transactional
- Commercial Leasing
- Contract Review
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Purchase and Sale Transactions
- Real Estate Financing
- Land Use, Zoning, and Development
- Act 2
- Women’s Philanthropy of the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia, Board Member
- Philadelphia Chapter of the Anti-Defamation League
- Women of Vision
- Congregation Or Ami, Board of Trustees (2001 to Present) and Vice President
- Germantown Academy, Standing Committee Chair of the Parents’ Committee, Academy Club and Class Agent for the Class of 1991, and Helping Hands Committee
Honors & Accolades
- Philly Biz, 2016, Women to Watch
- Pennsylvania Rising Star, 2010
Simi lives in Lafayette Hill with her husband, Marc, a foot and ankle surgeon, and their children, Alexa, Max, and Ari. She enjoys skiing, spending time at the beach with her family, cooking and all Philadelphia sports.
- Pennsylvania, 2000
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, PA, J.D., 2000
- Tufts University, Medford, MA, B.A., History and American Studies, 1995
- Montgomery County Bar Association