Jeffrey L. Silberman
Jeffrey L. Silberman is a principal of the firm and a member of the Real Estate Transactions and Corporate Law & Business Planning Departments. Jeff concentrates his areas of practice in real estate transactions, particularly commercial and retail leasing, acquisitions and dispositions of real property and financing. Jeff has participated in the development and leasing of some of the region’s iconic retail, office, and industrial projects, such as the first new high-rise hotel and mixed-use project constructed in State College in decades, CertainTeed’s North American headquarters in Chester County, Devon Yards in Devon, Main Street at Exton, Upland Square, Uptown Worthington, The Shoppes at Brinton Lake, and the only 2 new office buildings constructed in downtown West Chester in several decades.
Prior to joining Kaplin Stewart in 1996, he worked for Ballard, Spahr, Andrews & Ingersoll.
Jeff wrote a Law Review Comment published in the Delaware Journal of Corporate Law and is a frequent writer in local real estate periodicals, such as the Mid Atlantic Real Estate Journal. Jeff has spoken at numerous International Council of Shopping Centers conferences on a variety of topics including out-parcel development, letters of intent and standard lease clauses such as assignment, exclusives, and percentage rent.
- Real Estate Transactional
- Commercial Lease
- Contract Review
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Purchase and Sale Transactions
- Real Estate Financing
- Business and Corporate Law
- Pennsylvania, 1992
- New Jersey, 1992
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, DE, J.D., magna cum laude, 1992
Law Review (Executive Board): Delaware Journal of Corporate Law, 1992
- Penn State University, University Park, PA, B.S., 1989
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Center
- How Do Pennsylvania Directors Spell Relief? Delaware J. Comp. Law, Vol. 17, 1, 1992
- Buying The Shopping Center – The Race is On: A Few Points on Protecting Yourself
- Commercial Office Leasing Update
- Is Your Loan Non-Recourse
- Jerry Maguire and the Standard Lease
- Lessons From the Winter of Discontent
- Mechanics’ Liens in Pennsylvania … The Times They are a Changing
- Mid-Year Review – A Full, but Mixed Bag
- Mid-Year Review – Just Keep Truckin’
- Outparcel Leasing & Development – Avoiding Surprises
- Prohibited Uses in the Modern Shopping Center Era
- State of the Retail Industry – the Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- The Devil is in the Details!
- The Ups and Downs of Selling Outparcels
- To Exclude or Not to Exclude: The Question is Whether To Give Your Tenant an Exclusive Use Restriction
- 2013 Real Estate Forecast – Cloudy with a Chance of Sun
- Outparcels and Leases: Avoiding Surprises
- The Flood of Capital in the Real Estate Market – What it Means to You
- Mid-2003 yields full but mixed bag; one can find positives despite lack-luster economy
Honors & Accolades
- Best Lawyers in America 2013-2018
Jeff lives with his wife, Elizabeth; daughter, Rachel; and son, Jonathan in Lafayette Hill, PA.