Daniel R. Utain
Daniel R. Utain is a principal of the firm and a member of the Commercial Litigation Department. His practice involves all areas of real estate and business disputes, including title litigation, contract disputes, business torts, and landlord-tenant matters.
Dan represents and counsels clients regarding various employment matters involving employment contracts, restrictive covenants/non-compete agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
Dan routinely practices before federal and state courts in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, as well as in various alternative dispute forums. He has extensive experience representing his clients before federal and state agencies, and has also handled domain name disputes in accordance with the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy.
- Land Use, Zoning, and Development
- Act 2
- Building Codes
- Environmental Mitigation and Permitting
- Litigation and Appellate Practice
- Outside Agency Permitting
- Philadelphia Zoning
- Subdivision and Land Development Approvals
- Tax Assessment Appeals and Exemptions
- Environmental Law
- Administrative Proceedings and Litigation
- Regulatory Compliance
- Site Development and Brownfield Redevelopment
- Pennsylvania, 2000
- New Jersey, 2000
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2000
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2000
- U.S. Tax Court, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 2002
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, PA, J.D., 2000
- Washington University, St. Louis, MO, B.A., 1997
- American Bar Association, 2000 – Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2000 – Present
- Montgomery County Bar Association, 2000 – Present
- Dan is a board member of the White Peacock’s Flock, Inc., which is a charitable organization created to provide special experiences and support to siblings of pediatric cancer parents.
- “You Can Teach an Old Dog New Tricks: The Application of Common-Law in Present-Day Environmental Disputes”, 11 V.ll. Envtl. L.J. 59, 200