Benjamin R. Picker
Benjamin R. Picker is a principal of the firm and a member of the Commercial Litigation Department. Ben is an accomplished litigation attorney with extensive experience in all types of civil litigation. He is known throughout the Philadelphia area for his thoughtful counsel to and forceful representation of clients in a broad range of legal disputes, including those relating to contracts, real estate and leases, mechanics’ liens, consumer protection, insurance, constitutional rights, securities, class actions, intellectual property, business law, creditors rights, and employment law.
Ben has successfully litigated numerous cases in Pennsylvania courts, including on appeal before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, Superior Court, and Commonwealth Court, and in numerous county Courts of Common Pleas. Regularly litigates cases in Federal court, including in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He also has extensive arbitration experience, having handled many cases before arbitration panels of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and the American Arbitration Association (AAA).
Prior to joining the firm, Ben was a partner in a prestigious Main Line law firm and a co-founder and principal of Donoghue & Picker.
In addition to litigating, Ben counsels both family-owned businesses and multibillion-dollar corporations to ensure that they comply with all applicable laws and regulations, mitigate their risk, and otherwise protect their important legal and business interests. He regularly drafts, reviews, and negotiates contracts, including business contracts, employment agreements, HIPAA business associate agreements, and leases, and he counsels businesses and workers regarding complicated employment law matters.
Ben is licensed to practice in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Commercial Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Resolving Commercial Real Estate Disputes
- Construction Litigation
- Estate and Trust Litigation
- Business and Corporate Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights
- Construction Claims and Litigation
- Mechanics’ and Construction Lien Claims
- Employment Agreements and Related Disputes/Litigation
- Wage and Hour Disputes
- Workplace Harassment and Discrimination
- Tax Controversy and Litigation
- Estate and Trust Litigation
- Administrative Proceedings and Litigation
Articles published in the Philadelphia Inquirer, Philadelphia Daily News, Legal Intelligencer, and Philadelphia Magazine.
- Interviewed on NBC- 10 News – 2007
- Guest on The Michael Smerconish Show, 2012
- Testify as a legal expert before the United States House of Representatives’ Small Business Committee on the misuse of confessions of judgment by unscrupulous merchant cash advance companies, 2019.
Honors & Accolades
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers “Rising Star”: 2006, 2012-2019
- Philadelphia Magazine, “Top Lawyer”: 2019
- Suburban Life Magazine and Philadelphia Life Magazine, “Top Attorney”: 2020-2023
- The American Lawyer magazine and Martindale-Hubbell, “Top Rated Litigator”: 2022
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer: 2022 and 2023
- “AV Preeminent” Martindale-Hubbell Review Rating
Ben enjoys spending time with his wife and two children. He considers himself an amateur genealogist, researching his family history. Ben is also an avid recreational hockey player, and fan, and is an Assistant Coach for the Plymouth Whitemarsh High School ice hockey team.
- Pennsylvania, 2004
- New Jersey, 2004
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2013
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2006
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, 2004
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, PA, J.D., 2004
- University of Maryland, College Park, MD, B.A., 2000
- Montgomery American Inn of Court, former President
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
Eastern Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce