Amy L. SantaMaria
Amy L. Santamaria is a principal in the firm’s Commercial Litigation Department. Her practice involves the representation of for-profit and not-for-profit businesses and individuals in litigation relating to contracts, residential and commercial leases, secured transactions, loan enforcement and enforcement of creditors’ rights in both state and federal courts. A portion of Amy’s practice focuses on the representation of creditors in bankruptcy matters.
Amy also represents clients in various transactions including real estate purchases, sales and leases, asset purchases, business mergers, business divorces, creation of new business entities, and development and documentation of financial relationships.
Amy spends a significant amount of time counseling clients regarding business decisions and their legal impact to handle issues proactively or avoid them entirely. Amy specializes in addressing the specific needs of each client and in resolving matters in a creative and practical manner.
- Real Estate Transactional
- Commercial Leasing
- Contract Review
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Purchase and Sale Transactions
- Environmental Mitigation and Permitting
- Construction Law
- Construction Claims and Litigation
- Business and Corporate Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Agreements and Related Disputes/Litigation
- Litigation and Claims before Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and State Commissions
Amy represents Volunteers of America Delaware Valley, Inc. She has acted as corporate counsel for this nonprofit charitable organization for more than twenty years. Amy is committed to the organization’s mission and volunteers in their charitable efforts including Adopt-a-Family and Project Backpack.
Amy lives in Medford, New Jersey with her children. Her free time is spent reading as many books as possible, listening to music, and watching the New York Yankees win! Amy’s other favorite sporting events include her son’s travel soccer practices and games and any dance concert her daughter is in. Amy volunteers at her children’s schools and at church.
- New Jersey, 1996
- Pennsylvania, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1996
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 2001
- Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, PA, J.D., cum laude, 1996
- Law Journal: International Comparative Law Journal, 1996
- State University of New York, School of Management, Binghamton, NY, B.S., magna cum laude, 1993
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Burlington County Chamber of Commerce
- The Legacy Club