William J. Levant
William J. Levant is a principal of the firm and a member of the Commercial Litigation Department. His practice focuses on representing creditors, particularly small- and medium-sized financial institutions, in foreclosure, collection, and workout matters, as creditors in both consumer and commercial bankruptcy cases, and on defending creditors in actions brought under the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and similar state statutes.
Bill has led several Continuing Legal Education seminars on creditors’ rights topics and has written articles for a number of area publications.
Bill also handles claims work for several title insurance underwriters doing business in Pennsylvania, bringing litigation on behalf of their insureds to resolve title insurance claims by correcting the title defects from which they arise.
- Contract Review
- Litigation and Appellate Practice
- Tax Assessment Appeals and Exemptions
- Business and Corporate Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights
- Commercial Litigation
- Bux-Mont Educational Radio Association
- Volunteer Disc Jockey and Assistant Engineer, 2005-present
- ANYONE FOR POKER? How Commercial Landlords Can Properly Handle Chain Tenant Bankruptcies
- Yes, YOU Need Title Insurance
- Fun Facts About Canada Geese
- How to Write More Gooder Letters
- Residential Mortgage Workouts Benefit Everyone
- Where You Should Never Sign Anything in Green Ink, Why You Should Never Sign Anything Anywhere in Black Ink and What The Difference is Between a Parcel ID and a Folio Number
- Why Buy Title Insurance?
- ANYONE FOR POKER? How Commercial Landlords Can Handle Chain Tenant
- Judgement Enforcement in Pennsylvania, Lorman Educational Services
Honors & Accolades
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – 2010 – 2012, 2014 – 2020
- Best Lawyers In America 2021
Bill lives in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania with his wife, Carol. He hosts a weekly three-hour show of Big Band and Swing Music every Friday afternoon from 3 to 6 PM on WRDV(FM), Warminster, PA, and online at www.wrdv.org.
- Pennsylvania, 1988
- New Jersey, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1989
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1998
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1997
- Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, PA, J.D., 1988
- Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, B.A., 1982
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Montgomery Bar Association
- Delaware County Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute