Joshua A. Steinberg
Josh A. Steinberg focuses on providing knowledgeable, responsive, efficient, and personal service to his clients, while concentrating his practice on representing real estate clients of all types – buyers and sellers, landlords and tenants, lenders and borrowers – in all types of transactions including retail, office, and industrial leases, residential and commercial purchase and sale agreements, brokerage agreements, and financing documentation. He also advises and protects his business clients in many aspects of their business, from drafting partnership and operating agreements as they are starting their businesses, to applying for and securing trademarks so they can protect the businesses they have worked so hard to create.
Prior to joining Kaplin Stewart, Josh was a litigator in Philadelphia. During his time as a litigator, Josh learned that his profession, by nature, is adversarial. Therefore, Josh believes the most effective way to achieve his clients’ goals is to provide service in a way that engenders respect from clients and opponents alike. He applies that philosophy to his transactional work each day while advocating his clients’ interests, whether he is negotiating on behalf of a landlord who is leasing space in a desirable shopping center or the small business owner who is trying to rent space in that very same type of center, or a borrower who is securing financing for its next real estate development or the lender that is providing that financing. Josh was honored at Temple University’s Beasley Law School for excellence in both oral advocacy and writing, so whether a situation requires skillful negotiation or an effectively written agreement to adequately and accurately memorialize the fruits of that negotiation, Josh is able to provide that service in a knowledgeable, responsive, efficient, and personal way.
- Real Estate Transactional
- Commercial Lease
- Contract Review
- Purchase and Sale Transactions
- Real Estate Financing
- Business and Corporate Law
- Pennsylvania, 2008
- New Jersey, 2008
- North Carolina, 2012
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2008
- Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, PA, J.D., 2008
- Barrister’s Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA, B.A., 2004
- James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA, B.S., 2004
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Montgomery Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Media Little League, Board of Directors, 2017
- The Bone-Chilling Effects of Global Warming and the EPA’s Cold-Shoulder Response to Pleas for Help, A Case Note on Massachusetts v. EPA, 415 F_3d 50(D.C. Cir. 2065), 26 Temp. J. Sci. Tech. & Envtl. L. 169, Spring, 2007
- Landlord Subordination Agreements: Short is not always sweet.
- Protecting Your Business With Confidentiality Agreements
Most of Josh’s spare time is spent with his family; either traveling, coaching and watching his kids’ sports teams, or just hanging out. To the extent any time is left, Josh passes it playing basketball, reading (mostly non-fiction), and cheering on Philadelphia’s sports teams.