William K. Stewart
William “Bill” K. Stewart is a co-founder and principal of the firm. Over more than 40 years in private practice, Bill has represented a diverse range of business clients and assisted them in a great variety of complex commercial transactions.
Bill represents real estate developers and investors in all types of projects including residential communities and condominiums, office, retail and golf course developments. He also represents clients involved in the healthcare, industrial, retail, franchising, entertainment, and non-profit sectors.
Bill has vast experience in the preparation and negotiation of many different types of commercial documents. He also offers a keen practical insight to his clients’ business problems.
- Real Estate Transactional
- Commercial Lease
- Contract Review
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Purchase and Sale Transactions
- Real Estate Financing
- Tax Assessment Appeals and Exemptions
- Surety Bond Claims and Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights
- Healthcare Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Employment Agreements and Related Disputes/Litigation
- Pennsylvania Bar, 1974
- Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, Carlisle, PA, J.D., 1974
- Georgetown University, Washington, DC, B.A., 1970
- Represented client in the development of a hospital in Vineland, NJ and its sale to a public health care company.
- Assisted client in producing and broadcasting 40 television programs in the Peoples Republic of China.
- Helped a non-profit “start up” to grow into becoming one of the largest and most respected providers of community corrections services in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Montgomery Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Stewart Foundation, Chairman
- Pennsylvania Prison Society
- Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office – Youth Aid Panel
- Graterford Prison Mentoring Program
- Old St. Joseph’s Church in Philadelphia
Bill and his wife, Debra, who is a retired former Director of the New Jersey Department of Education, live in a historic home in the Queen Village section of Philadelphia where they enjoy the many cultural activities, sporting events and dining options available there. They also enjoy travel to exotic locations around the world. Bill is a voracious reader especially history, biography and other non-fiction, and enjoys music during his commute between Queen Village and Blue Bell. Bill and Debra together have 11 grandchildren, so they spend much of their spare time spoiling them as much as possible.