Taylor A. Smith
Taylor A. Smith focuses her practice on Estate Planning and Administration as well as general Tax Matters.
Taylor has worked through estate administration with Executors and Administrators from assisting with probate to the filing of Inheritance Tax and Federal Estate Tax returns. She has worked with estates of all sizes from insolvent estates to estates valued upwards of $10 million. Sometimes, estate administration results in conflicts and complications. In these situations, she has worked with clients to resolve conflicts, including Orphans’ Court litigation.
Her experience with Estate Administration has strengthened her Estate Planning skills, allowing her to foresee issues and correct them prior to executing documents, rather than raising complications after death. She works with clients in order to effectuate their estate plan in the most efficient way possible taking into account tax and non-tax consequences.
Taylor also works on tax controversies, working with the IRS to obtain results for clients.
With a passion and interest in transfer taxation and tax law in general, Taylor remains up to date with the latest changes in tax law and is prepared to apply these laws to client’s individual issues.
- Tax Law
- Tax Controversy
- Estate and Trust Litigation
- Estate Planning and Private Client
- Estate Administration
- Estate and Trust Tax Planning
- Pennsylvania, 2014
- New Jersey, 2014
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, PA, LLM in Taxation, with Distinction, 2017
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, PA, J.D., cum laude, 2014
- Villanova University, Villanova, PA, B.S., magna cum laude, 2011
- Villanova University, Villanova, PA, B.A., magna cum laude, 2011
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
Outside of the office, Taylor volunteers with the Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society (PAWS), Spay and Save and Luv n Buns, and enjoys spending time with her three pet rabbits: Molly, Penny, and the aptly named Bunn.