A. Lynne Scott
Pennsylvania Certified Paralegal
Lynne Scott is a paralegal in the firm’s Litigation and Construction Law Departments. Lynne works on a variety of construction and litigation matters, including preliminary property searches, identification of parcel information, preparation of Pennsylvania Mechanics’ Liens and New Jersey Construction Liens, breach of contract, public and private payment claims, delay claims, construction defects, insurance bad faith, AIA Contract forms, legal research of construction-related issues, and the administration of surety bond claims. She handles all aspects of organization and data management of large, complex construction cases using automated document database software.
Lynne also focuses on all aspects of litigation and civil procedure in the State and Federal jurisdictions of Pennsylvania and New Jersey, assisting with compilation and authentication of facts, commencement of actions, service of process, preliminary objections, paper, and electronic discovery, paper and electronic Court filings, deposition preparation, motion practice, judgment collection, and trial and appeal.
Lynne has assisted attorneys at trial in the state and federal courts in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, as well as assisted attorneys with the presentation of arbitration and mediation level cases through the American Arbitration Association and private arbitration settings. She has assembled trial and arbitration exhibits, prepared demonstrative evidence for trial and arbitration, including extensive chronological timelines, PowerPoint presentations, and has performed live presentation of electronic evidence at all levels of the trial and arbitration process.
Lynne has attended numerous seminars in the construction field, which include advanced judgment enforcement, construction claims, mechanics’ lien, and bond claim seminars. She has also assisted with the preparation of demonstrative paper and electronic materials for construction-related seminars conducted by the firm for local and national construction organizations.
Prior to joining the firm in 2000, Lynne was a construction paralegal at the firm of Korn & Cohn, P.C., where she also performed construction law and litigation duties for approximately nine years.
Lynne is a Pennsylvania Certified Paralegal, having met the qualifications set out and sanctioned by the Keystone Alliance of Paralegal Associations. She obtained her paralegal certificate with the highest distinction from Penn State University in the fall of 1991, graduating three months ahead of her class. She also earned a business certificate from a local Philadelphia business school.
- Commercial Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Electronic Discovery
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Surety Bond Claims
- Judgment Enforcement
- Successfully managed large numbers of exhibits and presented live electronic evidence in State and Federal Courts, including management of over 800 exhibits and presentation of live electronic evidence during a multi-week trial in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey Camden Vicinage before the Honorable Joseph H. Rodriguez
- Successfully prepared complex charts containing contractual and statutory interest, attorneys’ fees and cost calculations for dozens of construction collection cases in State and Federal Courts and arbitration venues, including a chart calculating interest, fees, and costs totaling over $1.2 Million
- Efficiently managed dozens of electronic document production databases, including several databases containing over 20,000 documents
- Efficiently reviewed dozens of electronic document production databases for case-related issues, production, deposition and trial exhibit compilation, including several databases containing over 20,000 documents
- Arthritis Foundation – Mercer County, NJ – Walk for a Cure – 2 years
- Sebastian Riding Associates – Equine Assisted Therapy – Collegeville, PA – Volunteered many times at the farm performing general farm work; for the “Legs for Lindsey” benefit run and the “Jeopardy Benefit Ride”
- 4H Riders of Dark Hollow Equestrian Club – Bucks County, PA – many volunteer hours over last 10 years
Lynne loves caring for her husband and twin daughters, her two Brittany Spaniels, and her two horses. Her favorite pastimes are taking her daughters to horse shows, 4H activities and riding the trails with her friends. Family activities include camping, hiking, skiing and of course, horseback riding.
- Penn State University, Abington, PA, Paralegal Certificate, 1991
- With Highest Distinction
- Bradford Business School, Philadelphia, PA, Business Certificate, 1985
- Montgomery County Paralegal Association
- Keystone Alliance of Paralegals
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc.
- Pennsylvania Association of Notaries