Title disputes can be quite complicated and can prevent or delay the sale or purchase of a home, the refinancing of a mortgage or transfer of a business. Such disputes greatly increase costs and negatively impact the sale or refinance of properties.
At Kaplin Stewart, our Pennsylvania title insurance litigation lawyers have a well-deserved reputation for finding innovative, practical solutions and advocating aggressively to resolve title disputes. Contact us online. Our goal is to assist property owners, developers, lenders, title agents and title insurance companies in the smooth and prompt resolution of title disputes.
Our attorneys are at the top of their fields in law and a variety of other disciplines, including accounting and finance. Our multidisciplinary approach allows us to go the extra mile in representing title underwriters and their insureds, owners and mortgage companies in:
- Situations involving forged deeds, mortgages and powers of attorney
- “Defalcation” cases regarding a title agent’s theft and misappropriation of escrowed funds
- Priority disputes among lenders
- Coverage disputes by insureds against title underwriters
- “Bad faith” cases against underwriters
- Cases involving lost and unrecorded deeds and mortgages
- Identity theft cases involving real estate
- Bankruptcy cases involving the preferences and the trustee’s “strong arm” powers
- Boundary dispute cases
- Fraudulent conveyance cases
Our Pennsylvania and New Jersey real estate title attorneys can also assist you in contesting the validity of tax sales and sheriff sales.
Contact Our Real Estate Title Litigation Law Firm
Contact a skilled legal professional for guidance in your title dispute. Kaplin Stewart is available to answer your questions and provide representation. Contact us online or call one of our offices.