Public projects pose several unique legal complications. A variety of specific state and federal laws affect litigation concerning these projects and can vary from state to state. From federal and state to local issues, Kaplin Stewart’s attorneys have a wide range of experience with how public projects work.
Our firm, Kaplin Stewart, has spent decades helping participants in public construction projects. Our dedication, skill set and legal acumen enable us to successfully manage public project litigation.
Protecting Construction Clients’ Rights
Public construction clients seek our lawyers’ advice on many matters, including:
- Payment claims
- Municipal liens
- Payment and performance bond claims
- Breach of contract
- Prompt Payment Act claims
- Back charges, set-offs and other contract deductions
- Change order and extra work claims
- Delay claims
- Bond and insurance claims
- Arbitration, mediation and litigation in federal and state court
- Construction injury claims
- Prevailing wage and related issues
We understand how to build the fact-intensive and evidence-heavy cases required in public construction litigation and manage them efficiently. In doing so, we work closely with all of our clients to understand their goals and help them achieve favorable outcomes.
Call or email Kaplin Stewart to schedule an initial consultation. We maintain three offices for the convenience of our clients.